Canadian Visa Bureau   »   Canadian Visas and Immigration   »  Canadian Child-Sponsored Visa

Canadian Child-Sponsored Visa

If your child is a a citizen or permanent resident of Canada and is18 years of age or older, then they can potentially sponsor your migration to Canada via the child-sponsored Canadian family visa.

Your child may not be eligible to sponsor you if they:

Canadian Family Sponsorship Financial Support

When a Canadian permanent resident or citizen agrees to sponsor a relative to become a permanent resident of Canada, they must promise to support that person and their dependants financially. Therefore, they have to meet certain income requirements.

If they have previously sponsored relatives who later turned to the Canadian government for financial assistance, they may not be allowed to sponsor another person. Sponsorship is a big commitment, so it is important that they must take this obligation seriously.

To be a sponsor: