Online Visa Applications and Assessments

Completing an Online Assessment is simple, free and carries no obligation. Here are a few top tips to guide you through the Online Assessment process:

  • Complete the Online Assessment that most closely matches your current circumstances;
  • Answer all the questions honestly;
  • If you don't qualify the first time, try the assessment again; try using your partner as the primary applicant; or investigate other visas classes;
  • A 'pass' result will lead to further review of your assessment by a registered Australian migration consultant who will advise you of your best available option by email.

Skilled Visas to Australia

The Australian Government uses the skilled migration program to target people who are highly skilled, are under 45 and who will quickly make a contribution to the Australian economy.

If you are a qualified professional or tradesperson wishing to work and live in Australia, take 2 minutes to complete the Free Online Skilled Visa Assessment:

Business Visas

Australia's migration program encourages successful business people to settle in Australia and develop new or existing businesses.

Under the two-stage arrangements introduced on 1 March 2003, business migrants are granted a Business Skills (Provisional) visa for four years. After establishing the requisite level of business required by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) or maintaining their eligible investment, visa holders can make an application for a Business Skills (Residence) visa.

Are you a successful Business Owner, Senior Executive or Investor wishing to engage in business in Australia?

Family Visas

Family stream migrants must be sponsored by a close family member or fiancee living in Australia.

The sponsor must be either an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, and would usually be 18 years of age or older.

If you feel you may qualify under any of the following sub categories then please click on the relevant Online Assessment form:

Partner Visa

Spouse, Prospective Marriage (Fiancee), Interdependency (includes same sex relationships).

Child Visa

Child, Adoption, Orphan Relative, Dependant Child (temporary).

Parent Visa

Parent and Contributory Parent Visa (new from 1st July 2003).

Other Family Visa

Aged Dependant Relative, Remaining Relative, Carer.

Australian Working Holiday Visas

If you are between the ages of 18 and 31, a Working Holiday Visa will allow you to live and work in Australia for a minimum period of 1 year. This visa permits work of only a temporary or casual nature.

If you are interested in spending at least a year living and working in Australia, complete the Online Assessment for Working Holiday Makers.

Short-Stay Instant Travel Visas

If you are planning a holiday visit or a short business trip to Australia, you will need to apply for either a visa or an ETA (Electronic Travel Authority). An ETA will let you spend up to three months in Australia.

Long-Stay Travel Visas

If you are NOT on the ETA Eligible Country list, or wish to take a trip to Australia for longer than 3 months, the Australian e600 Visitor Visa (subclass 600) allows travelers to stay in Australia for up to 12 months, or a shorter period, depending on the purpose of the visit and personal circumstances; and allows single or multiple entries to Australia.