UK Visa Bureau   »   UK Visas and Immigration   »   Family Visa   »  EEA Family Permit (Unmarried)

EEA Family Permit (Unmarried)

People who are able to demonstrate they have been living in a relationship akin to marriage with an EU citizen for the most recent two years may be eligible to apply for an EEA Family Permit on this basis.  Dependent children can also be included on any such applications. If you are not yet in the UK, you should apply for entry clearance through the British authorities in your home country before travelling to the UK.

EEA Family Permit Requirements (for non-EU citizens in the UK)

If the EU partner does not hold a current Residence Permit a joint application would be made to the Home Office for a Residency Permit (for the EU spouse/partner) and an EEA Family Permit (for the non-EU partner).

Conditions of the Permit

EEA Family Permit Requirements (for non-EU citizens outside the UK)

Conditions of the Permit