Extended visitor UK Visa for those studying English language courses

- Posted in United Kingdom by Visa Bureauon 14 December 2010

The extended student visitor visa will only be available to applicants outside the UK.

Students wishing to study other courses in the UK for longer than six months will still need to apply under Tier 4 of the UK Immigration points-based system.

If you are a national who does not normally need a UK Visa to study for up to six months, you must apply for the extended visa if you wish to take a longer English language course.

The extended student visitor visa's other requirements, entitlements and restrictions are the same as those for the current student visitor route.

The student visitor route does not allow students to work, take a work placement, bring dependants, extend their stay or switch into other courses at the end of their stay.

A review of the extended student visitor visa within the next 12 months, to ensure that it is operating as intended.

The UK Visa Bureau is an independent consulting company specialising in helping people with their  UK Visa applications to the British Embassy.