English testing for UK Partner Visas to start November

- Posted in United Kingdom by Visa Bureauon 27 July 2010

From that date, migrants who wish to enter or remain in the UK as the partner of a British citizen or a person settled here, for example with a UK Unmarried Partner Visa, will need to show that they can speak and understand English by taking an English language test with one of the UK Border Agency approved test providers.

The new rules apply to anyone applying as the husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner, same-sex partner, fiance(e) or proposed civil partner of a British citizen or a person settled in this country.

The tests will be compulsory for people applying from within the UK as well as UK Visa applicants from overseas.

More information about these changes, including a list of approved test providers, will be released before November.

The UK Visa Bureau is an independent consulting company specialising in helping people with their  UK Visa applications to the British Embassy