Australia issues new travel advice for working holiday travellers

The new travel advice comes on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) Migration Blog, where they are now advising working holiday travellers to ensure they have travel insurance before arriving in Australia so they are covered to pay for any medical treatment, loss or theft of personal belongings or other incidents that may happen during their stay.

The blog also reminds travellers that, as a working holiday maker,they are subject to the same workplace laws as Australian workers, stating "these laws outline the basic entitlements you have as a worker in Australia. Make sure you read the information in your visa grant letter as it provides important information and contact details for any issues you might have."

The list of advice also advises working holiday makers to ensure that they have enough money to support themselves, saying: "Ensure you have enough money to support yourself, especially while you look for work. It is worth checking the cost of living in Australia, and comparing it to your home country, so you have an idea of how much money you will need."

The Australian Visa Bureau is an independent migration consultancy specialising in helping people make their visa applications to travel to Australia.