New Zealand Work Visa / Permit for Partners

Partners of Work Visa / Permit holders who are planning to stay in New Zealand may apply for a visa for the same period as their partner. You do not need to provide an offer of employment.

To qualify, you will need to supply the NZIS with evidence demonstrating you have been living with your partner in a genuine and stable relationship, and be able to show the duration of the relationship (which must be for at least 12 months).

You may also have to provide evidence you:

  • Meet health requirements; AND
  • Meet character requirements.

You are not eligible for a Work Visa / Permit under this special category if your partner obtained a visa through:

  • The Crew of Chartered Foreign Fishing Vessels Policy; or
  • A Working Holiday Scheme.

New Zealand News