Relocate to New Zealand: Sibling and Adult Child Policy

The Sibling and Adult Child Policy was designed to facilitate the entry of brothers, sisters and children of New Zealand citizens or residents, allowing them to relocate to New Zealand to join their family.

Under this policy you may be granted residence if you have:

  • A New Zealand citizen or resident parent, brother or sister who is living in New Zealand able to sponsor your application;
  • No other siblings or parents who are living lawfully and permanently in the same country in which you are living lawfully and permanently; AND
  • An acceptable offer of employment in New Zealand, defined as:
    • Ongoing work with a single employer (that is, permanent, indefinite, or for a stated term of at least 12 months with an option of further terms); OR
    • For one or more contracts totalling at least 6 months, if you have provided evidence of having had at least 2 years of contract work; AND
    • For full-time employment (averaging at least 30 hours per week);
    • Current at the time your application is assessed and at the time you are granted residence;
    • Genuine;
    • For a position that is paid by salary or wages (positions of self-employment, payment by commission and/or retainer are not acceptable);
    • Accompanied by evidence of full or provisional registration, if full or provisional registration is required by law to take up the offer; AND
    • Compliant with all relevant employment law in force in New Zealand.
New Zealand Child Visa Assessment

Your sponsor must:

  • Be 17 years of age or over;
  • Be living in New Zealand;
  • Be a New Zealand or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of a current residence permit that is not subject to requirements under section 18A of the Immigration Act 1987;
  • Have been a New Zealand or New Zealand citizen, and/or the holder of a residence permit or a returning resident's visa, for at least 3 years immediately before the date you apply; AND
  • Have spent a total of 184 days or more in New Zealand in each of those 3 years.

Your brother, sister or parent must make a legal declaration they will provide you with financial support and accommodation (if necessary) for at least the first 2 years after you relocate to New Zealand on the sponsored visa.

View the current travel restrictions and entry requirements for the countries we provide visas for.

Read More

Migration Seminars 2020

Professional and comprehensive visa information events in Manchester, London & Edinburgh.

Read More

VETASSESS Trade Skills Applications

We host technical interviews for skills assessments in our London or Edinburgh offices.

Read More