Australian Visa Bureau   »   Visas and Immigration   »   Australia Travel Visa   »  Australian Tourist Visa ETA

Australian Tourist Visa - ETA Short Stay

Visa Bureau is not affiliated with the Australian Government but is a website.

The Electronic Travel Authority for Australian Tourist Visas is the most advanced and streamlined visa authorisation system in the world. The ETA replaces visa labels or stamps and removes the need for application forms.

The Australian ETA is an electronically stored authorisation for travel to Australia, meaning you don't need paper documentation or a stamp in your passport.

How to Apply for an Instant ETA Tourist Visa

  • Complete the Online Application.
  • Enter travel information and passport details for each traveller.
  • After payment, your application is processed instantly and linked to your passport number.
  • Your ETA status is confirmed by email within a few minutes.

What is the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)?

The Electronic Travel Authority (or ETA) is the name given to the most commonly used Australian Tourist Visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to 3 months on each arrival within 12 months from the date the visa was granted.

Which countries are eligible to apply for the ETA?

The following passport holders are able to access Australia's Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) issuing system online.

ETA Eligible Countries

The following passport holders can be issued an ETA Visa online:
Andorra Austria Belgium Brunei Canada
Denmark Finland France Germany Greece
Hong Kong (SAR) Iceland Ireland Italy Japan
Liechtenstein Luxembourg Malaysia Malta Monaco
The Netherlands Norway Portugal Republic of San Marino Singapore
South Korea Spain Sweden Switzerland Taiwan*
United Kingdom (British Citizen) United Kingdom (Overseas)** United States of America  Vatican City  

What are the conditions of the ETA?

Visitors to Australia must be willing and able to abide by the visa validity and conditions while in Australia. If you do not abide by these conditions, your visa may be cancelled or you may be subject to other penalties.

Note: If you have had any criminal convictions in any country, you may wish to consider applying for a Tourist visa (subclass 676), rather than an ETA.

Need help deciding which visa you need? 

Still confused about which travel visa you require for your trip to Australia?  Use our fast, easy online travel visa advisor to find out exactly which visas you are eligible for when travelling to Australia.