Please note: This page is no longer current, but you could still be eligible to emigrate to Australia.
The information on this page uses information from the Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO) which is no longer used by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) to determine eligibility for a skilled Australian visa.
Instead, DIAC now uses the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO). Please refer to the following ANZSCO page to find current information relevant to your occupation.
Funeral Director jobs in Australia
Funeral Director jobs in Australia - if your profession is Funeral Director in accordance with the Australian Skills Classified Occupation (ASCO) 339929 then you could qualify to emigrate to Australia.
Arranges and conducts funerals.
- interviews families and associates of the deceased to advise on funeral arrangements such as the selection of coffin, type of service and publication of death notices
- advises on funeral costs and welfare provisions
- coordinates and supervises staff and makes funeral arrangements
- collects bodies from mortuaries
- ensures death certificates have been issued, burial and cremation certificates processed and that other legal requirements are met
- prepares bodies for viewing and burial, by washing, draining body fluids, applying padding and cosmetics, dressing bodies and placing them in coffins
- liaises with clergy and cemetery and crematorium staff
- coordinates the movement of coffins and funeral cars, arranges floral displays and collects attendance and tribute cards
- keeps records and accounts of transactions and services performed
- may arrange the construction of memorials and the disposal of ashes
- may provide specialist embalming services
If the above ASCO code 339929 for Funeral Director is your current occupation then you could qualify for a skilled visa. For more detailed visa information, please complete a no obligation Online Assessment and select a call back time when a Visa Bureau migration consultant will call you and explain the migration process in detail.
Haven't found what you need?
If the above is not an exact match to your profession, please try one of the following related occupations:
Permanent (skilled) Migration:
If you are looking to live and work in Australia on a permanent basis, you can apply to emigrate to Australia through the Australian General Skilled Migration Program.
The program aims to meet current skills shortages in Australia by attracting skilled migrants under the age of 45 who can make an immediate contribution to the Australian economy.
Temporary (working holiday):
If you are looking to work and travel in Australia and are under 30 (inclusive) years of age, you may be eligible for a Working Holiday in Australia.
Funeral Director jobs in Australia - If your profession is Funeral Director as described above then you may currently be in demand by employers in Australia. There are jobs available now in your occupation but you will require a permanent or temporary Australian visa to work in Australia. Take either the Skilled visa or Working Holiday visa online assessment to see if you qualify.