American Visa Bureau   »   American Immigration   »   Tourist Visa   »  Tourist Visa B2

American Tourist Visa - B2

The B2 Tourist Visa is a paper visa that allows travelers to visit the United States for tourism and personal reasons for up to 6 months.

B2 Visas are one of the most common visa types issued by American consular authorities for entry into America and have a relatively simple application process.

The B2 visa is for visitors who wish to enter the united states for tourism or personal reasons, for example, sightseeing or visiting family members. In no circumstances can B2 visa holders engage in employment or any commercial activity that will result in financial gain.

To be eligible for a B2 Tourist Visa you must:

B2 Visas are valid for an initial entry of up to 6 months, and this period may be extended for an additional 6 months if the visa holder can give good reason for needing the extension.

An extension will only be granted for a B2 Visa if the visa holder can prove they are able to support themselves financially for the duration of the visit, and intend to leave America at the end of the authorised stay.

If you hold a passport from a country that is part of the Visa Waiver Program, you should apply online for an ESTA if you wish to visit the United States for less than 3 months.  If you wish to visit for more than 3 months, or if your ESTA is refused, you must apply for a B2 visa.