New Zealand Visa Bureau   »   New Zealand Immigration   »   Work Visa / Permit   »   Study   »  Student Work Permit

Student Work Permit

Visa Bureau is not affiliated with the New Zealand Government but is an independent UK company. NZ visas are available from the NZ Government at a lower cost when you apply directly. Our comprehensive visa and immigration services include immigration advice from registered migration agents, an exceptional success rate, document checking and visa processing.

If you have a job offer that is relevant to your qualification, you may apply for a Work Visa/Permit for a maximum of 2 years to obtain practical experience suitable to your qualification under the Study to Work Policy.

To qualify for this category you will need to have:

To successfully satisfy the criteria for this category, you will need to provide:

Partners of Student Visa and Permit Holders

Partners of Student Visa holders may apply for a Work Visa and Permit if they can show they are in a genuine and stable relationship and meet health and character requirements.

Their partner must also be in New Zealand to study for:

Partners of Student Visa holders who meet the above criteria will be eligible for a Work Visa and Permit for the same duration as their partner's Student Visa.