18 January 2011

Queensland flood update and information for Australian tourists

Visa Bureau is not affiliated with the Australian Government but is an independent UK company. Australian visas are available from the Australian Government at a lower cost or for free when you apply directly. Our comprehensive visa and immigration services include immigration advice from registered migration agents, a 100% success rate, document checking and expedited visa processing.

Tourism Australia has released details about the Queensland floods and information for overseas tourists in Australia and those who are planning trips to the country.

ETA Visa

The Fraser coast and many other popular tourist destinations are open and welcoming tourists.

Overseas tourists with concerns about any current or upcoming bookings are advised to contact your travel agent, accommodation, attraction and tour provider directly for information, but many Queensland destinations are again open for business.

Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Fraser Coast, Bundaberg, Gladstone, Agnes Water, 1770, Whitsundays, Mackay, Townsville, Cairns and Tropical North Queensland are accessible and tourism operations such as diving, sailing and daytrips, are normal.
All Queensland airports with the exception of Rockhampton, are currently open and operating normally. 
The Bruce Highway, the main road link from Brisbane to Cairns, is now open. Brisbane, the Darling Downs, Southern Downs and Granite Belt and Capricorn Coast are now recovering with most tourism operations open and affected tourism operations returning to normal as quickly as possible.

There is however still some local road closures in some areas and you can visit http://131940.qld.gov.au/ for the latest road conditions.
Parts of Central Queensland, Queensland's Outback, Western Downs and the Lockyer Valley continue to be affected and access to these areas is restricted.
For the latest travel information you can visit www.queenslandholidays.com.au, and for information about the flood conditions Tourism Queensland recommends visiting the Queensland Government’s official Queensland floods webpage: http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/.
Overseas tourists can help Queensland recover by taking a holiday in the state in the areas that haven’t been affected by floodwaters, and in the affected areas once they are up and running again.
If you already have a Queensland holiday booked – don’t cancel as most tourism regions and operations are now up and running and ready to welcome visitors.

People wishing to directly help flood victims can donate to the Queensland Government Flood Assistance Appeal at www.qld.gov.au/floods.

All travellers to Australia, unless they have an Australian or New Zealand passport, must have an Australian Travel Visa. The most popular of these is the ETA Visa, or Electronic Travel Authority, which is easy to apply for online and once approved is instantly electronically attached to your passport number.

The Australian Visa Bureau is an independent consulting company specialising in helping people lodge their Australian Visa application with Australian High Commission

Bookmark and Share